Go From Pain to Peace Using my PxP System
Here’s my system using PEACE Principles and the 5-Piece PxP Method:
P=Peace in health is a journey and going from pain to peace is a process. In this journey, you may need help to get unstuck in order to move from pain to peace. Understand that addressing pain and other symptoms of inflammation to get achieve wellness peace is both a process and journey…not a simple “fix it”.
E=Essence of yourself is important to bring to coaching sessions and communication with others. This means showing up authentically, as your true self and sharing where you are making progress and where you are experiencing challenges. Openness to explore your character strengths will serve to bring your essence forward and can support you to achieve your health goals. Essence may also be supported with essential oils, herbals, and supplements to foster healing and symptom relief.
A=Assessment, specifically self-assessment is important to understand where you have been and where you are presently. Assessment may include both subjective (for example health questionnaires, pain, and stress scales) and objective assessment (labs). Through this assessment, we do the detective work to look at where your subjective and objective measures correlate to help us understand where your healing opportunities are.
C=Connection with yourself and to others is an important way to nurture your health. Connecting with yourself through using mindfulness techniques, learning/implementing stress management techniques, learning and tapping into your character strengths can help you better understand where you are presently and where you want to go. Connecting and communicating honestly and tactfully with your friends, family, and significant others promotes authentic connections to help support you to move forward in your health journey.
E=Empathy is essential to you as self-empathy (self-compassion) as well as showing empathy to others. Being willing to be kind to yourself, forgive yourself when you are not on pace with your goal timelines or have taken a step backwards is important to being able to put negative talk behind you to move forward. Empathy can be encouraged with coaching on mindfulness and meditation techniques. Coaching provides support for developing situational perspective, and moving towards goals. Coaching sessions can also help to positively challenge you while withholding judgement.
Three main areas I focus on with clients:
- Figuring out the right foods for your body so that it can function at its potential.
- Uncover hidden healing opportunities within your hormone, immune, digestive and detoxification systems so that we can restore your body’s balance.
- Teach you a model of self care so that you will be better able to tune into your body at any time so you will know what it needs to take better care of yourself and keep the PEACE!
The 5-Piece PxP Method:
Here’s how implementing the PxP System works so that you can feel better, move better, live better:
- Document your history and your “why”. It’s important to have a lens into your past and your present before taking a direction to shape your future health. Knowing your “why” for wanting to make changes to improve your health and what your driving motivation is important.
- Test, don’t guess. When you don’t test, you can be chasing symptoms and this is often why clients seek out FDN ® practitioners who can connect clients to specific lab testing that can serve as a compass to point to internal stressors and where there are healing opportunities.
- D.R.E.S.S. for Success® (Diet, Rest, Exercise, Stress Management, Supplementation). This is a program designed by Functional Diagnostic Nutrition (FDN®) and used by FDN® practitioners.
- Tap into your character strengths to improve your success in making health behavior changes.
- Set goals using the SMART technique to evaluate your progress, outcomes, and re-adjust or develop new goals.
If you are feeling the effects of aging and/or experiencing inflammation and pain, I can help you with my PxP system which includes the 5-Piece method and PEACE approach to pain so that you can…
Achieve your health goals to:
Feel Better: You will learn how to assess and record your pain and stress and gain increased awareness about what triggers, aggravates, mediates, or alleviates your pain or stress. You’ll be more mentally present as you look to ways to reduce pain and stress other than just medications which can contribute to brain fog or other side effects or toxicities. You’ll be more mindful of what foods and activities do or don’t work for you and how to modify.
Move Better: You will learn and implement strategies that will help you achieve more flexibility and agility to that you can participate in more physical and social activities so that you can get out of the house more.
Live better: You will move from being stressed, in pain and hopeless, to finding more passion and meaning in your life through identifying what is most important to you. To do this, you’ll identify realistic goals and take steps to achieve them. I’ll help you tap into your innate strengths to help you along your journey.
So what’s the give and get?
Coaching is Online
I provide coaching services online through a secure web-based telehealth application. You will need to set up an account and download the application. All intake forms, documents, shared documents are stored in this application. When it’s time for the session, it just takes pressing a button to connect to the video session.
Client Intake Forms
You will complete a participation agreement, questionnaires, and health history forms to assess and evaluate the various pieces of health and wellness that may be opportunities for you to choose to focus on. We will review your personal history and timeline. These will need to be completed in advance of our coaching sessions.
The Peace Packet-Client Resources and Tools
I provide you with tools, resources, and support to help drive actions to move forward, improving your health and wellness. As your health and wellness coach, I will assist you with the detective work to learn more about your healing opportunities and make recommendations to provide relief, corrective, or maintenance care. Moving forward with healing will be based on your self-selected PxP package, your lab/survey/questionnaire results, and your decision to make the changes in lifestyle and/or supplementation to achieve your health goals.
What do I need from you?
• An understanding of “what’s your why” to improve your health and wellness
• A willingness to change in areas of health and wellness
• Commitment to determine the pieces of your health and wellness you would like to focus on and actively participate in each coaching session by being prepared and working on the specific measurable and achievable goals that we mutually agree upon between coaching sessions
• Honesty in our online sessions to help me understand where you need more support or we may need to determine together a different approach