Move From Pain to Peace Using my PxP System
Three main areas I focus on with clients:
- Teaching you natural pain remedies that you can use right away to feel and move better.
- Investigating the missing pieces of your pain puzzle so that you can resolve your inflammation and pain forever.
- Personalizing a comprehensive peace plan that will produce long-lasting results so that you can live better.
Here’s my system using PEACE Principles and the 5-Piece PxP Method:
P=Peace in health is a journey and going from pain to peace is a process. In this journey, you may need help to get unstuck in order to move from pain to peace. Understand that addressing pain and other symptoms of inflammation to get achieve wellness peace is both a process and journey…not a simple “fix it”.
E=Essence of yourself is important to bring to coaching sessions and communication with others. This means showing up and honestly sharing where you are making progress and where you are experiencing challenges. Openness to explore your character strengths can help support you to find the “essence of you” and to achieve your health goals. Essence may also be supported with essential oils, herbals, and supplements to foster healing and symptom relief.
A=Assessment, specifically self-assessment helps us to understand where you have been and where you are now. Assessments may include both subjective (for example health questionnaires, pain, and stress scales) and objective assessment (labs). Through this assessment, we do the detective work to look at where your subjective and objective measures correlate to help us understand where your body is out of balance and your healing opportunities are.
C=Connection with yourself and to others is an important way to nurture your health. Connecting with yourself through using mindfulness techniques, tapping (EFT) techniques, learning/implementing stress management techniques, learning and tapping into your character strengths can help you better understand yourself and where you want to go. Connecting and communicating honestly and tactfully with your friends, family, and significant others promotes authentic connections to help support you to move forward in your health journey.
E=Empathy or self-empathy, being willing to be kind to yourself and forgive yourself when you are not on pace with your goal timelines or may have taken a step backward is important. We will work on putting negative talk behind you to move forward using coaching techniques such as mindfulness training and meditation techniques. Coaching sessions support you to develop perspective and move forward to achieve your goals. Coaching sessions can also help to positively challenge you while withholding judgment.
The 5-Piece PxP Method:
Here’s how implementing the PxP method works so that you can feel better, move better, live better:
- Documenting your history and your “why”. It’s important to have a lens into your past and your present before taking a direction to shape your future health. Knowing your “why” for wanting to make changes to improve your health and what your driving motivation is important.
- Test, don’t guess. When you don’t test, you can be chasing symptoms and this is often why clients seek out FDN ® practitioners who can connect clients to specific lab testing that can serve as a compass to point to internal stressors and where there are healing opportunities.
- D.R.E.S.S. for Success® (Diet, Rest, Exercise, Stress Management, Supplementation). This is a program designed by Functional Diagnostic Nutrition (FDN®) and used by FDN® practitioners.
- Tap into your character strengths to improve your success in making health behavior changes.
- Set goals using the SMART technique to evaluate your progress, outcomes, and re-adjust or develop new goals.
Committing to a health coaching program is making an investment in your own health.
While many people view health as a cost, committing to a health program may result in positive health outcomes and reduced overall costs that may come with diseases associated with chronic inflammation and pain.
Achieve your health goals to:
Feel Better: You will learn how to assess and record your pain and stress and gain increased awareness about what triggers, aggravates, mediates, or alleviates your pain or stress. You’ll be more mentally present as you look to ways to reduce pain and stress other than just medications that can contribute to brain fog or other side effects or toxicities. You’ll be more mindful of what foods and activities do or don’t work for you and how to modify them.
Move Better: You will learn and implement strategies that will help you achieve more flexibility and agility so that you can participate in more physical and social activities that get you up and moving.
Live better: You will move from being stressed, in pain, and hopeless, to finding more passion and meaning in your life through identifying what is most important to you. To do this, you’ll identify realistic goals and take steps to achieve them. I’ll help you tap into your innate strengths to help you along your journey.
So what’s the give and get?
Coaching is Online
I provide coaching services online through a secure web-based telehealth application. You will need to set up an account and download the application. All intake forms, documents, shared documents are stored in this application. When it’s time for the session, it just takes pressing a button to connect to the video session.
Client Intake Forms
You will complete a participation agreement, questionnaires, and health history forms to assess and evaluate the various pieces of health and wellness that may be opportunities for you to choose to focus on. We will review your personal history and timeline. These will need to be completed in advance of our coaching sessions.
The Peace Packet-Client Resources and Tools
I provide you with tools, resources, and support to help drive actions to move forward, improving your health and wellness. As your health and wellness coach, I will assist you with the detective work to learn more about your healing opportunities and make recommendations to provide relief, corrective, or maintenance care. Moving forward with healing will be based on your self-selected PxP package, your lab/survey/questionnaire results, and your decision to make the changes in lifestyle and/or supplementation to achieve your health goals.
What do I need from you?
• An understanding of “what’s your why” to improve your health and wellness.
• A willingness to change in areas of health and wellness.
• Commitment to determine the pieces of your health and wellness you would like to focus on and actively participate in each coaching session by being prepared and working on the specific measurable and achievable goals that we mutually agree upon between coaching sessions.
• Honesty in our online sessions to help me understand where you need more support or we may need to determine together a different approach