So, I’ve always been a big morning person…This is the time of day where I can energize and plan for the day. It is also a time of quietness and reflection, where I can meditate and clear my mind. I really feel a loss when I miss this part of my day and have to launch right into the schedule of the day.
Why is having a morning routine important?
- Sets the tone for the day.
- Helps you to start with some healthy choices like drinking a large glass of water, exercising, meditating, or praying.
- Supports a conscious choice to not dive into those email requests and rather spend time on how you will actively segment your day to focus on specific goals for the day.
- Increases productivity because rather than diving right into the day, you can reflect and prioritize the day to actively control your schedule.
- Allows time to focus on what’s important and defer those tasks that don’t add value.
- You can choose to tackle the most important goal for the day first to make sure it gets done.
- May help reduce anxiety by creating feeling of being more in control of your time.
- You may find it’s the most creative part of your day, starting with a refreshed, clear mind after a good night’s sleep.
- Planning versus reacting to what life throws your way provides more meaning to your life and time to reflect on goals and life direction.
- Just an hour of a morning routine can provide wonders to the health of your mind, body, and spirit.
It’s time to experiment and find an ideal morning routine that works for you. There’s a ton of easy and quick things to choose from to get yourself ready to conquer your day. So, find peace in your morning routine!
I am a Master’s prepared RN, National Board-Certified Health & Wellness Coach, Board-Certified Functional Wellness Coach, and Functional Diagnostic Nutrition Practitioner. I help people fix their chronic inflammation & pain with in-home lab testing, client assessments, personalized natural healing protocols, and online coaching to help them move from pain to peace so that they feel better, move better, and live better.